- » main
- » the chamber
- » membership
- » events
- » tourism
- » community
- » contact
- » helpful links
- » home
- First Data
Chamber Merchant Services Discount Rate/Transaction
Website Design and Computer Repair
what do you think of our new site?
- Advocacy -- Working for a Healthy Business Environment
Advocacy is the heart and soul of Chamber activity. Your Chamber takes a stand on local, regional and national issues that affect business. It actively supports local businesses and lobbies for their benefit. The Chamber acts as your voice to government at all levels and provides a unified voice for municipalities and businesses.
- Networking -- Expand Your Business Contacts
"Networking" is one of the most important factors in business success. The Chamber hosts many business and social functions that provide the opportunity to network. These networking events allow you to expand your business and social contacts.
- Raise Your Company Profile
The Chamber provides publicity opportunities through listings on the Chamber website and in Chamber Chronicle. Sponsorship of Chamber events provides exposure to a large segment of the business community. Your Chamber understands the importance of business exposure.
- Attend Educational Events -- Luncheons, Roundtables and Seminars
The Chamber hosts many educational events featuring informative and provocative guest speakers. Educational issues range from local politics to regional development and business issues.
- Attend Community Events -- Business and Recreation
The Chamber offers many community events for its members.
- Chamber Group Insurance Plan
This plan gives all Chamber members, from a sole proprietor to large employers, the opportunity to be part of a high value, flexible group benefit insurance plan. Over 22,000 businesses across Canada are a part of the Group Insurance Plan.
- Chamber Merchant Credit Card Discount Program
This discount allows merchant members a rate as low as 1.68% on MasterCard transactions, 1.79% on Visa transactions and as low as nine cents per transaction for Interac! Only as a Chamber Member can you enjoy such great discounts.
- Gander and Area Chamber of Commerce Website
http://www.ganderchamber.nf.ca plays an important role in Chamber communication. It allows visitors to keep up to date with Chamber news and activities, view and register for Chamber events and e-mail questions and concerns.
- Gander Visitor Information Centre
The Chamber operates the Gander Visitor Information Centre and offers advertising opportunities for businesses in the tourism industry. Last year the Centre provided information to more than 10,000 visitors. It is also an excellent summer employment opportunity for a number of local students.
- Members Supporting Members
The Chamber encourages its members to support other members by with its “Shop Local” Campaign.
- Chamber Facilities
Members have full access to the Chamber Boardroom and office facilities for meetings, internet access and staff that are dedicated to serving you.
- Strength in Numbers
Chamber membership makes for a strong voice on important issues. The Chamber is associated with the Newfoundland and Labrador Chamber of Commerce, Atlantic Provinces Chambers of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce as mediums to lobby governments while demonstrating a strong voice fro business. The larger the Chamber membership, the stronger our voice becomes.
- CHAMBER WELCOMES THE TORONTO CAST OF "COME FROM AWAY" ON JANUARY 28, 2019 (read)
- JOB OPENING (read)
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE 18TH ANNUAL JOE AND CLARICE GOOD YEAR BUSINESS ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS (read)
- January 28th - Come From Away Dinner and Auction (more)
- December 12th - 18th Annual Festive Feast (more)
- November 22nd - 18th Annual Joe and Clarice Goodyear Business Achievement Awards (more)